Department of Mechanical Engineering
Office: 3664 G. G. Brown Addition Building
The University of Michigan
Phone: (734) 764-7547
- Advanced Nanofabrication and Nanomanufacturing Technologies for Tailoring and Assembling Emerging Nanomaterials into Functional Architectures
- Nanoelectronics, Nanophotonics, Photovoltaics, and Nanofluidics
- Low-Dimensional Nanomaterials and Quantum Physics
- B.S. Physics, Peking University, Beijing, China
- M.S. Condensed Matter Physics, Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
Positions Available at NNL
Nanoengineering and Nanodevice Laboratory (NNL) Group (PI: Assistant Professor Xiaogan Liang) located at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is currently seeking innovative and diligent graduate students. The research of NNL group focused on the development of advanced nanofabrication technologies based upon new top-down and bottom-up mechanisms, aiming to surpass the capability of state-of-the-art approaches and enabling the future scalable manufacturing of nanoscale systems; exploration of new applications in energy technology, nanoelectronics, nanofluidics, biosensors, and photonics. Students will have opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge for accessing the research regimes of cutting-edge nanotechnology, including nanolithography, synthesis of nanomaterials, device characterization, and nanoscale imaging.
Applicants should apply directly to the Department of Mechanical Engineering via the main website (http://www.rackham.umich.edu/admissions/apply_now/apply_annarbor/) and contact Dr. Liang via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well.